DEESIDE VETS RULES AND CONSTITUTION
1. The League shall be called. The Deeside Veterans Bowling League.
2. The league shall consist of Clubs in the County of Flintshire ONLY, and the Divisions will be known as 1,2,3,4 and 5.
The objects of the League shall be:
(a) To develop friendship and companionship amongst senior Bowlers (male and female) through the game of Bowls.
(b) All games and competitions to be conducted in accordance with the laws of the game as laid down at any time by the B C G B A and W C G B A.
3. MEMBERSHIP- All applications for Membership must be made to the League Secretary, accompanied by a fee of £50.00 (this includes fees for the Sparkes Shield John Griffiths Shield & Arthur Davies Memorial Cup Merit).
4. Teams shall consist of Eight (8) Players
(a) Games shall be 21 up.
(b) Visitors to lead off with the Jacks.
(c) SCORING- one (1) point for each individual winner and two (2) points for the aggregate score making a possible ten (10) points.
(d) In the event that two or more Teams tie with the same number of points for Promotion or relegation the following will apply, Number of wins will decide should this also be equal then the aggregate will decide.
(e) B C G B A STANDARD MARKING JACKS to be used in all league and league sponsored competitions. Jacks and measures to be supplied by the home team.
Teams will have alternative Jacks in all Sponsored competitions, such matches to played on neutral greens.
5. AGE LIMITS- All Players (Ladies and Gentlemen) must be 55 years of age or over before they can register to play in the Deeside Veterans Bowling League.
6. Persons nominated by the captains shall act as measurers in all League cup matches unless official referees and measurers are appointed by the League Executive Committee.
7. Each League Team to forward to the League Secretary before the first fixture is played, the names of players who are eligible to play in the League for that Team. No further Registrations will be accepted after 30th June.
(a) All players must be bona fide Club Members.
8. A Player can only play for one Team in any one Season, unless exceptional circumstances warrant a transfer this to be decided by the League Executive Committee.
9. Visiting teams to be allowed 15 minutes exclusive use of the Green for practice provided they arrive 20 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the Match. Visiting Teams playing Morning Games will practise from 10.40 to 10.55 am with matches to start at 11.00am Teams playing afternoon Games will practice from 1.40pm to 1.55pm.
10. Matches to be called off only by adverse weather conditions, or the Death of a club member. Match to be played within 14 days of postponement. The home Team Captain to arrange a new date after consultation with the opposing Captain
If a Team should fail to fulfil a fixture for reasons other than those stated. The offending Team or Teams shall
Be fined a sum of £25.00 and have 8 points deducted from their overall seasons points score. The Fixture must then be played within 14 days of the offence. If the Fixture is not played within the 14 days then both Team Captains will have to appear before the Committee to debate further action.
There must be no alterations to start times or dates without the express permission of the Executive Committee.
10a. For the purpose of Rules 4 & 10 a Team must consist of a minimum of 4 Players each Player only eligible to play one game per Match and at least four (4) players must be available to commence a Match.
11. Any Player taking part in a League or Cup Match must present himself/herself at the green not later than one hour after the commencement of the Match.
12. The HOME TEAM CAPTAIN MUST load their own scores direct to the web site, if unable to do so then they must forward the result and score sheet to the Fixtures Secretary by first class post telephone or email on the day of the Match.
12a. Players (in pairs means both) playing in D V L Competitions must be present when Registration and Draw is made.
13. League matches to be played on Thursdays at 2.00pm, except for the third or fourth Teams (C or D Teams) of a Club with only one Green they will play on Thursdays at 11.00am. This does not apply to Teams in Division A where ALL Matches start at 2.00pm irrespective of whether Teams are A B C or D Teams.
14. The Annual General Meeting of the League will be held on the 3rd Wednesday in January, any Team not represented will be find £10.00
15. No alterations to the Rules or Constitution of the League shall be made except at the A G M. Any changes to resolutions shall be given in writing to the League Secretary not less than 28 days before the date of the A G M to become an effective resolution it must be carried by a simple majority of vote, ONE TEAM ONE VOTE. Notices of Motions must be submitted to the League Secretary by a Club Secretary and either with a seconder from another Club or a seconder from another Club at the AGM.
16. The A G M shall elect a President Deputy President Secretary Treasurer Auditor Fixture Secretary Competition Secretary Chairman and Vice Chairman. The Chairman and Vice Chairman are elected for 2 years and the Vice Chairman will automatically be elected Chairman after two years in the position.
17. The secretary shall keep a true record of all business transacted at all meetings of the League. At the A G M he/she shall submit their report of the proceedings during the past year.
17a The Treasurer shall keep a true record of all receipts and disbursements and submit the same duly audited to the A G M.
18. An extraordinary General Meeting may be convened at the discretion of the Officials, or at the request of Three Clubs.
19. The Executive Committee shall meet as and when necessary to consider and deal with any matters appertaining to the League or its competitions. A Club or any individual Member involved in a disciplinary matter before the Executive Committee has the right of appeal to a Committee of Officers of the League against any decision of the Executive Committee on the matter being dealt with. Notice of an appeal must be made in writing to the League Secretary within 14 days of the original hearing.
20. The Executive Committee shall have the power to deal with any
matter not provided for in these rules, and their decisions shall be final.
21. NO SMOKING.
Smoking is NOT allowed on the GREEN IN ANY MATCHES under the auspices of the Deeside Veterans Bowling League. (includes Players & Officials)
22. Winners of Prize Money arising from League sponsored competitions should collect such Prize money at the League presentation. If they are not able to collect the prize money at that time, they should collect it at the following Annual General Meeting, otherwise the monies will be forfeited and paid into League funds.
23. All Trophies to be returned to the competition Secretary on or before the 31st July or the Club or Player will be liable to a fine
24. Each Team will receive ten (10) handbooks and if any more are needed then they can be ordered for 50p each.
25. In the Event that the Deeside Veterans Bowling League has to stop administering the Game of Crown Green Bowls in the Flintshire Area for persons qualified to play in it. Any monies held by the League will be (after all dues and demands are paid) handed over to the Flintshire Area Association.
26. All rule changes to take effect from the close of that Annual General Meeting. All changes to the Laws of the game as issued by the BCGBA will take effect from 1st March in that year.
Deeside Veterans Bowling League
Affiliated to: WCGBA & FABA
|Broughton & Bretton|
|Hope (Castell Alun)|
|Pen & Pen|
|Tables 2010 - onwards|
|Averages 2010 - onwards|